Its amazing the difference 6 weeks can make with Triplets

When I walked into their room this morning, realizing that since we had put them to bed, I had not heard a peep from them, I thought back and realized how much different just a few months made.  Even though it was really only 6 to 8 weeks ago that they still woke up in the middle of the night and wanted fed, it seems like it was so long ago.  That’s not to say that sometimes a certain baby (baby B), has his nights.  But usually that is our fault.  We have found that he can be very gassy, and if we do not give him his gas drops before bed, he is usually up a few times crying for his pacifier.  Sometimes he will find his thumb, or find his pacifier on his own, but can’t quite get it in right yet.   But that is usually the worst that it gets at this point.

Their usual schedule now is they are up between 8 and 9 in the morning and get a breakfast bottle, a few hours after that we give them some cereal with milk and a little milk in a sippy cup.  Then between 12 and 1 they get another bottle, and usually go down for a nap.  The nap is still a little hit or miss, during the day they really tend to fight sleep, but better now than at night.  Then between 4 and 5 they take another bottle, followed by veggies with a little cereal mixed in it, and another sippy cup with formula in it.  Usually by 8 to 830 they are ready for bed.  We change them into sleepers, wash them up with a wash cloth, give them one last bottle, and it’s off to be for the night.  I stand there almost in awe sometimes realized that we somehow managed to get all three on such a good schedule, and that they go down so well at night.

Not even six weeks ago, things were much different.  Baby A started sleeping the longest first, but still woke up around 5 in the morning and wanted to eat, while the others woke up between 2 and 3am.  After that they would be on a close schedule during the day, but baby A was usually a little off from the other two.

Six week prior to that, the most they ever went at night was 4 hours, and they all basically fed as they wanted, so their schedules were sometimes close, but usually all over the place.  They took anywhere from 6 to 8 bottles a day, and only lasted anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours in between, day and night, and sometimes they would take almost an hour to finish eating.  But that was not even the worst.

When the first came home, they were to be feed every 3 hours during the day and could go up to 4 at night, but never did, and we were constantly feeding them every 2.5 to 3 hours.    They had no concept of day or night, so sometime they would go right to sleep after they ate in the middle of the night, and sometimes they would not, and when you tried to lie them down, they would scream.

It just goes to show the big changes that can happen in a short amount of time and that with persistence, even multiples can get on a good schedule.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *